Category : News | Sub Category : | Posted on: 2019-11-11 15:15:33Tweet Whatsapp
There have been widespread complaints over the chemical that was used in 2019 KCSE examination. Xylene is a poisonous substance and both the invigilators and students were exposed to it during chemistry practicals.
Several students and teachers were rushed to hospital on Friday after inhaling xylene.
The Cabinet Secretary for education Professor George Magoha has refuted claims that the chemicals used were dangerous. The CS added that the chemicals used in the exam were the same chemicals that students have been using during their normal practical sessions.
Education PS Dr. Bellio Kipsang’ echoed Magoha’s sentiments that the chemicals used were not hazardous to students and teachers. The PS further reiterated that no official complain has been made.
Teachers Union KUPPET has categorically blamed KNEC for exposing teachers and students at risk.